Friday 2 February 2018

Flash Fiction Friday ~ 2 February 2018: Uki's Friend



Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday. Awesome writers have a given picture to get inspired by, but only one hundred words, no more, no less. I hope you enjoy my take on this picture, please let me know. Then follow the links to show the other writers some love.



"Akiak!" Uki, a young Inuit woman called through the forest as she searched for her wolf friend. She eventually spied him, lying down with his head resting on his huge brown furry paws.

Akiak was special. The abandoned wolf cub had grown up around Uki, becoming a protector; creating a bond.

She discovered him lying under a tree and knelt down on the ground directly in front of him. Pressing her fingertips in the thick fur she looked directly into his soulful eyes.

Uki fought back her tears. "Our family are moving on. I just wish you could come too."





5 comments:

  1. Ohh my heart aches! I wish he could go too! Could she sneak him along? He could live in the forest. Beautiful full of emotion flash! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aurora. Who knows there could be a longer story here

      Delete
  2. Aww, you can feel her longing. Fab flash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I long to know what you think. So please leave me a comment