Friday 21 September 2012

Flash Fiction Friday - 21 September: Coffee Break

It's Friday again and time for a group of Awesome Writers to get together and write their version of  one hundred word flash fiction inspired by a given picture. Each deserves a read and comment. This week mine is called Coffee Break Enjoy.

                                    Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net


“I’m glad I bumped into you, said Sharon as she poured him a coffee. We always seem to be on different breaks these days.

“Yes, I’m sorry I haven’t been in touch. It’s about three months since …” Dan stopped. He smiled and took a sip. “Still, we all had fun that night. Jane enjoyed herself.”

“She had been very stressed out. I hope everything is okay now,” said Sharon.

“Well, you’ll never guess what,” said Dan. “She’s three months pregnant.”

“That’s why I needed to see you,” she replied. “So am I.”

Dan stopped smiling. He dropped the cup.

*************************************************

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a tangled web we weave. Looks like Dan the man is in for a bit of a shock. Loved this flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing. Hysterical, Naomi. Looks like they'll be remembering that night for a long time to come. That was a fun spin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Naomi, that is excellent. I'm sure that news wiped the smile off Dan's face. Wow, Mr. Dan is quite the stud and he's potent too. He should become a sperm donor. Muwah!@

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dan! Maybe condoms aren't such a bad idea... Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete

I long to know what you think. So please leave me a comment