Friday 9 February 2018

Flash Fiction Friday ~ 9 February 2018: Ebb Tide


Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday. Awesome writers have a given picture to get inspired by, but only one hundred words, no more, no less. I hope you enjoy my take on this picture, please let me know. Then follow the links to show the other writers some love.




The table and chairs plus the single flower had been left out, forgotten on the beach. Just like Katy felt. Forgotten. She had hoped that this holiday would bring the possibility of a rekindled love flame, but all they had done was sit and talk for hours, about nothing in particular. She felt the tide was coming in on the table, yet with their marriage it was ebbing.

Strong arms reached around her waist and gently turned Katy around, then drew her close. As she looked up, her husband said, “Katy honey, can you ever forgive me? I love you.”






6 comments:

  1. Aww, I loved this. So much emotion in so few words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! My heart swelled with the ending. :) I hope they can fix things and rekindle their love. :) It is a paradise so hopefully they can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like he has a confession to give. The part of 'forgive me' and "I love you' followed after. Interesting tease.

    ReplyDelete

I long to know what you think. So please leave me a comment