Friday 20 April 2012

Flash Fiction Friday - 20 April : The Holiday

Well it's Friday again. Time for another Flasher, a challenge that I love. Although a picture is worth a thousand words, on Friday we are only allowed one hundred. No more, no less. A group of talented writers get together to give their take on one picture prompt. This is mine. Thank you for taking the time to read it, and I'd love a comment. Then take a trip around to read the other wonderful Flashers

Enjoy

The Holiday



“There you are,” exclaimed Pete, walking up behind Tim, his trainers crunching in the gravelly sand. “What are you doing?”
 He looked at the huge heart Tim had drawn in the sand and smiled lovingly at him.

“Waiting for you, of course, I missed you.” he replied.  Pete sat down beside him and together they traced the edges of the picture.

As their fingers touched at the point of the heart, Pete looked up at Tim and kissed him saying, “Let’s give the sandcastle competition a miss this year. I have a surprise waiting for you back at the chalet.” 

***********************************
Hope you enjoyed :)


7 comments:

  1. Ooh, a surprise! Very nice with a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So romantic! I love the freedom they have to be themselves. That's the way it is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody Hell! Forget about the sandcastle contest. Grab your man and head for home. ;) I loved this, I could "feel" everything you wrote...the beach, the feel of the sand beneath my feet, the indentation of the heart in the sand. But mostly I could feel the love between the two characters. Ms. Naomi, that is an amazing thing to do with so few words. My hat is off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, the sandcastle comp was a nice touch Naomi! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah,so sweet. Thanks for sharing some great writing and sentiment. Keep on Flashing!

    ReplyDelete

I long to know what you think. So please leave me a comment