Saturday 23 February 2013

February 23 -New Release: Welcome Bonni Sansom


I would like to welcome  the delightful and extremely talented Bonni Sansom for an interview about herself and an peek into her latest work.





Naomi: Bonni, welcome to my blog! I’m so excited you could join me for a chat. When did you first decide to submit your work to be published? Tell us what or who encouraged you to take this big step.

Bonni: I’ve always had the passion to write, but not the time. I was out over the road as a truck driver for years with my husband, so it was difficult to try to write a thing. But when I got pregnant and had to give up my job to be a stay home mom, I started writing the things that were dancing around in my head. I had no idea if the stories would ever be published, but my husband kept encouraging me to submit my work and here I am, 5 books later.


Naomi: Please tell me a little about your new release Bound After Midnightwithout giving too much of a spoiler away.


Bonni: Hmm, I guess I would have to start with Lana Drake. She’s quite the feisty heroine. She’s a vampire bounty hunter, who claims to not give a damn about others, yet she doesn’t kill her prey nor does she turn down a case that could be hazardous to her undead heart.
Devon Brody, a shifter, needs Lana’s help tracking down his kidnapped younger sister, Zara. He isn’t too excited about working with a vampire, but desperately needs her skills to find Zara, so he hires her against his better judgment and off they go on a cross-country adventure.

After Lana gets her first payment (his blood) she opens up a connection between them that can’t be denied. Things quickly heat up between them leaving her sated but confused. Can she help him and come out of it unscathed or will she surrender her heart?

Naomi: Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?

Bonni: They seem to have lives of their own. I don’t really have to build them; they come to me chatting in my head before the story begins. They all have their own unique personalities. 

Naomi: How much research do you do for your books? Have you found any cool tidbits in your research?

Bonni: Hardly any. The stories come to me and I write them out. Unless I have a medical situation, I rarely research at all.

Naomi: What is your writing process? Do you outline, write by the seat of your pants (Pantser) or a combination of both?

Bonni: Definitely a Panster. When the story hits me I write it. If it doesn’t follow a specific plot idea, that’s why. I love discovering what happens next with my characters.

Naomi: Do you write full time? What did you do before you became a writer or still do?

Bonni: Since I’m still home with my kids, I do still write full time, but the time may come where I have to find outside income.

Naomi: Do you have a ritual when it comes to writing? Example…get coffee, blanket, paper, pen, laptop and a comfy place.

Bonni: I do. I need coffee, chocolate, and my laptop. I wear my pajamas and sit at my desk, pecking away on the keys. Of course, it wouldn’t hurt if I had a plate full of peanut butter cookies.

Naomi: Describe a typical writing day for you.

Bonni: I wake up as late as the day allows, grab a cup of coffee, anything I can find that’s chocolate, (Chocolate creamer counts too.) and move my laptop to the desk or couch. I listen to music (Nickelback mostly) my characters give me the scene and I write it out.

Naomi: Please give us a sneak peek at your future books. What’s on the horizon?

Bonni: I have several things in the fire, like Redemption Road, the sequel to Sweet Redemption. Hopefully, I’ll get more books out this year.

Naomi: What is your favorite genre to read and who is your favorite author?

Bonni: I honestly can’t say who my favorite author is, but my genre through and through is erotic contemporary romance.

Naomi: Is there anything else you would like to tell the readers we have not touched on?

Bonni: Yes! Warning: All of my titles are adult material only. (Explicit sex and language)

Naomi: That's very important to make clear isn't it. So, where can the readers learn more about you and find your books 

Bonni: 



Buy Links:


And now I am very pleased to add my latest to that list


Here's an excerpt for your pleasure


He couldn’t hold back, not when it came to Lana. She was his. She just didn’t know it yet. “I’m driving this time. Hand over the keys vamp.”

She stopped in front of him with her hands on her hips. “I don’t think so.”

“I do, now hand over the keys. You don’t want to mess with me right now.” He held out his shaking hand without saying another word.  The raw emotions were flooding him, making him lose control. He was lost to his emotions. Anger, lust, and something else he couldn’t quite put his finger on, but it was something deeper.
“Fine, you drive and I’ll get our plan together.” She tossed him the keys and hopped in the truck.

He jumped in too and turned to her, making the seat squeak. “Tell me the truth. Were you really with that demon?” He couldn’t even stand the thought.
“That’s none of your business.” She gathered the weapons and settled them in the back seat of the truck.

He knew that was a yes, but it still stung him. “That Max bastard touched you didn’t he? I know he did.” He slammed his fist on the steering wheel and cursed.
“I don’t see what it is to you, or why it matters, but yes, he did. I was a new vampire back then and he helped me figure things out. So, what if we were together, it was a long time ago.” She crossed her arms over her chest and looked away.

“Don’t look away from me.” She turned and faced him. “The reason it matters is because I want to be the only one touching you.” He took her mouth again, gentler this time.

Their tongues tangled in a sensual duel, making his groin stir to life. He couldn’t keep his control much longer. She would be his as soon as possible. He didn’t know what it was pulling him to her, but he wouldn’t fight it. Her perfect bow lips felt too good under his. The little whimpers she made as he took her mouth were music to his ear. He wanted to feel her body as he thrust into her and hear his name fall from her lips as she came.

She pulled away from his lips.
“It shouldn’t matter. I’m not the same as I was back then. Just drive, sport.”
He forced the gearshift in drive and they were off to find Zara. She better be alive or all of Savannah would pay for her life. The only problem is his hunter was a vampire who had to sleep. It would make the trip longer, but he knew somehow he would find Zara. He would find her and take her home.

“We only have a few more hours before sunlight, I’ll need to find somewhere to feed you and let you rest. Maybe we can make it to Phoenix before we stop.”
“I look forward to it. I can’t get enough of your blood.”

“Yeah well, I can’t get enough of you. This time I’ll do something about you being horny.” 


*****************************************

That's wonderful! I'm hooked and will be buying that one. I wish you the greatest success with it.

Now where are my peanut butter cookies ...?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by. Next time I'll bake more peanut butter cookies and have them out ready ; Looking forward to reading your book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me. I enjoyed my time here. You can never have too many peanut butter cookies and ice cold milk. I hope you enjoy reading the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

      Delete

I long to know what you think. So please leave me a comment