Monday 13 October 2014

Guest Post ~ 13 October 2014: Jessica Stevens

Welcome,  welcome. My good friend Jessica Stevens who is going to talk about herself and her awesome writing. I'm so pleased to have her drop by.


Hello, so nice of you to stop by and thank you so much for having me here Naomi. I have to be honest, I’m a little overwhelmed at being here.


Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jessica Stevens, Author of Alana, which is my first publication. I thought I would stop by here and tell you a little bit about myself and my book.

I was born in Northern Ireland and moved to the UK when I was only 6 weeks old. I am married to a fantastic man and we have three beautiful (challenging at times) children, ranging from nine years to 25 months.

Growing up I was always writing songs and poems. The way words were used to tell a story or express a feeling always stuck with me. I had such admiration for people who were so expressive with their words.

I started writing a few years ago, dabbling with stories and taking my time to get to know my voice. It was only when I started writing for NanoWriMo that I embarked on a story that stuck. I mean really took over. I cannot remember what actually sparked off the story, but I can tell you it has certainly changed from what I thought was going to happen. Once the story started, the characters took over and I had no real say in what happened next.

I can tell you that Angie Harmon is the inspiration for Alana. I am a big fan of Rizzoli and Isles, and I started writing Alana when the first series of this started on U.K. T.V. When I saw her on T.V I was like “Oh my god, that’s Alana!”


And now, a few years later, it is being published. This is my cover:



I have to say the cover art designer has done a fantastic job with matching my requests. I love the wolf in the moon and the meadow laid out just before the forest starts. The model for Alana is Spot on too.

Here is the Blurb:

Alana Knight has the power to control the minds of animals, including shifters, who want her dead. A tragic past has meant that Alana has spent most of her life in hiding. Concealed as a conservationist she’s helped reintroduce wolves back into the wild. A dead body on her land proves her enemies have found her. She has no choice but to call on her protectors.

Detective Nick Valaskin has been secretly watching over Alana for years. He had vowed to protect her since coming of age. When she calls the police about a dead body on her grounds, Nick takes no chances and goes to her protection. Face to face with his childhood companion, it’s not long before passion burns between them. It puts Alana’s life in more danger than Nick could have imagined. Torn between love and a promise Nick struggles, but together they face Alana’s tragic past in the hope of preventing history from repeating itself.

And the Adult Excerpt:

“What the fuck was all that about?” he demanded, trying to stand up straight. Alana didn’t respond, just stood and glared at him.
“Your crazy fucking wolf nearly caught me,” he continued, trying to justify his aggression. He searched her eyes for an insight to what she was thinking. He hadn’t meant to change on top of her, it just happened.
Alana moved across the room to his pile of clothes. She picked them up and threw them at him. “Deal with it,” she stated with such coldness that he could feel the temperature in the room drop. Nick was suddenly aware of his naked state as his clothes flew in his direction. His t-shirt, being lighter, only made it halfway between them, whilst his jeans connected with his feet. He scooped down to gather them from the floor, closing the gap between them.
Alana turned on her heel and marched out the door into the hallway. Nick followed after her, clothes still in hand.
“Where do you think you’re going?” he shouted after her, as she started to climb the stairs.
“That’s none of your business, Nick, just leave me alone.”
It hurt Nick that she didn’t even turn to face him as she spoke. She just continued to run up the stairs. It wasn’t his house to just follow her, but his gut assured him it was the right thing to do. He took the stairs two at a time and closed the gap between them, just as she tried to close her bedroom door in his face.
“Leave me alone!” He could hear the tears in her voice and he pushed open her door with a little more force than he intended. She jumped around as the door banged into the wall.
“Get out,” she screamed at him, but Nick refused. He walked over to her slowly, his voice very calm and soothing.
“No.” Nick stopped right in front of her. The ice he saw in her eyes before had been replaced by pain. Instinctively, he reached out to touch her face, but she turned away from him. Gently, Nick turned her head back to face him and he took another step closer to her. Their bodies met with the rise of their chest as they breathed. The atmosphere was much calmer, as if time itself was slowing down. Nick kept his gaze on Alana as he moved his face closer to hers, her eyes slowly closing in response to his gesture. He waited a moment to see if she would pull away, but she didn’t. Now he understood why she got so upset. She was just as attracted to him as he was to her.
Their lips met, soft and lightly, as Alana took that final step to close the gap between their bodies. Her hand caressed his chest as Nick dropped his clothes on the floor and tangled his fingers into her hair.
“Alana,” he whispered as he pulled back, putting a little thinking space between them. He knew his body, and finally having her in his arms, stopping wasn’t going to be easy.
“I want this, Nick,” she answered, as she pulled off her T-shirt to reveal smooth, silky skin. Nick’s gaze went directly to her abundant breasts, encased in white lace. The feel of her body against his made his erection more evident. Then Alana smiled nervously at him as she started to unbutton her jeans. Impatience got the better of him as he pulled Alana against his body. This time he kissed her deeper, putting his hands inside the waistband of her jeans as he edged them down over her hips. Alana stepped out of them as he fumbled with the back of her bra. It was when he started to pull at it with force that Alana stepped back from him. As she raised her hands to her breasts, Nick watched in shock, not quite sure what she was going to do.
He had never taken her for the “touch yourself” type, yet here she was. He swallowed hard at the devilish smile on her face. Then she undid the clasp at the front of her bra. With both hands reaching out for her shoulders, Nick slowly pulled the straps down each arm, pulling her warmth back to him as he did.
Naked, but for her matching white panties, Nick backed her against the wall. He kissed her neck and cupped her breast, relishing the sound of her sharp intake of breath as he teased her nipple between his fingers. Then he kissed his way down to her breast as he helped himself to a mouthful. Alana moaned as his teeth grazed her nipples and his long, hard length pushed against her moist panties. She lifted one leg allowing him to move against her as her breathing became deeper and irregular. The heat of passion made their skin glisten as Alana gripped Nick’s hips and pulled them against her.
They both moaned out as the tip of his shaft pushed into her wetness slightly. Her panties prevented him from going deeper. She rocked against him, her hands sliding over his chest and around his back before they came to rest on his ass as she thrust against him harder and faster. Nick couldn’t wait any more. He lifted her up and walked over to the bed. With her legs wrapped tightly round his waist, he crawled along the bed before laying her down on her back. He pulled out of her as he leaned back, his hands sliding down her body to guide her panties down her legs.
His face stopped at her neatly shaven mound. Nick lowered his head and licked between her swollen lips, tasting her arousal as he sucked her nub into his mouth. He felt Alana’s fingers grip at his hair on either side of his head as she squirmed and moaned beneath him. He drove his tongue into her again as he lapped at her juice.

I honestly loved writing Alana. It was challenging at times, but I am so glad that I stuck with it. Since its release on 12thAugust, it has been in the top 6 of Bookstrands top 25 Mainstream Bestsellers list. Not bad for a first publication hey.

If you would like to, you can purchase Alana from:





I do have one question before I go. Actually it’s more of a favour. I am currently writing a story called Behind The Make-up and it’s about a singer who’s brother gets into a little trouble. The singer’s childhood secret is found out and it could potentially destroy her career. Now, this is where I need your help. Beth (the singer) has a body guard and I would like some visual inspiration. Which of your famous fancies would fit my body guard? He has to be tall, about 6ft 6 or so. Broad shoulders, have a look to kill but kind eyes. You can either leave a comment with his name, or post a link to a picture of him, or even post the picture in your comment. I will be using one of your suggestions as the inspiration for my Hero. Oh and one more thing, His name is Gareth. Thanks in advance for your help.

If you would like to know more, you can find me on twitter or follow me on Facebook. You can also find out more on my web site. Just click on the links below.

You can contact me from my Website

You can follow my Blog

Find me on Facebook

Or follow me on Twitter

I look forward to hearing from you. Until next time, take care.
Jessica xXx

You are welcome here anytime Jessica, and I wish you continued success.



1 comment:

I long to know what you think. So please leave me a comment